An unimproved bald top observation point established prior to 1918.
May 12, 1920: "From the new steel fire tower at Tamarack, which is now about completed, a constant lookout is maintained for forest fires in Clinton county. Last week, fires were observed burning twenty to thirty miles away, in the direction of Snow Shoe and Driftwood. A telephone line is now being built to the fire tower." (The Lock Haven Express)
March 8, 1926: "This tower gives the observer a fine view of ridge topography in Northern Pennsylvania. Kettle creek can be followed from mouth to source, from its cabin, as well as views into Paddys run, Halls run, Young Womans creek and Fish Dam run. Constructed in 1920, it is of regulation height and is located on Tamarack ridge at an elevation of about 2,200 feet. A few miles to the north lies the little village of Tamarack, from which the tower was named. A little to the east is Tamarack swamp, one of the few places in the state where Black spruce and American larch are found native. To reach the tower, the tourist should follow the Drurys Run road just west of Renovo to the tower sign. It is possible to drive to the tower, but the road is very steep and rough in places. To walk, one should leave the car at the tower sign at the road fork and follow the telephone line to the tower. To drive, he should go on to the top of the hill and go in through the bars and fields. A trail leads northwest down the hill from the tower to a stream where good water can be gotten." (Lock Haven Express)