1910: "The station on Priestly Mountain was built by the state in 1910 at a cost including 12 miles of telephone line, of $582.97. The tower is 22 feet high, built on the highest bluff of the mountain and is constructed of twelve logs standing upright. The logs are framed with a platform on top 6 x 7 feet, with a 'caboose' on the platform. There are four windows in the caboose so a view can be had in all directions. There is a living camp, 14 x 16 feet, built on the shore of Priestly lake." (1910 Forest Commissioner's Report)
1914: "Priestly Mountain station was built in 1910, of logs and has a house on the top, well protected from the elements, and is still in good condition. This tower will last for several years to come and commands a good outlook." (1914 Forest Commissioners Report)
November 1, 1916: "Charles J. Thibodeau, chief fire warden of the Allagash and St. John River territory writes the department as follows: 'We built a camp 14 x 15 feet, close by a spring of good water on the west shore of Umsaskis Lake, about 40 rods north of the mouth of Priestly Brook in Township 11, Range 13. In this camp we have stored all fire tools used in that section. I built this camp on the main line to Priestly Mountain and by so doing have cut out the maintenance of three miles of unnecessary line which was very difficult to maintain on account of having to cross the stream.' " (Daily Kennebec Journal)
1917: "Hosea B. Buck, Bangor, Chief Warden, Northwestern part of Aroostook County: We also repaired the watchman's camp at Priestly Mountain by raising the walls two logs higher and putting on a new roof. We made some repairs on the tower at Priestly Mountain." (Forest Protection and Conservation in Maine)
1919: "On Priestly Mountain in Twp. No. 10 R. 13, Piscataquis County. This is a log tower, built in 1910. This is the best log tower we have in this territory. It has a house on the top for the watchman. It commands a good view of a large area in all directions." (Forest Protection and Conservation in Maine, 1919)
1920: Inventory shows a 20-foot wood tower.
April 18, 1929: "The present wooden tower on Priestly Mt., Township 10, Range 13, in the Musquacook District will be replaced by a new 24 foot steel tower." (Presque Isle Star-Herald)
July 2009: The lookout was removed to make way for a new communication complex.