November 29, 1928: "The new fire tower built on land recently purchased by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania just off the Lakes-to-Sea Highway between Strattonville and Clarion has been completed and has been officially designated The Strattonville Fire Tower. The tower stands on a hill of 1600 feet elevation just a short distance west of the Strattonville Borough line and its height is 80 feet from the ground to the floor of the cabin built for the use of the watchman and about 90 feet in total height and is built of galvanized steel the top being reached by means of steps. The ground on which the tower is erected consists of a tract of one acre purchased from the Eureka Mining Company and is the first acre of what may be termed forest land in Clarion County that is now owned by the state as the title to the Cook Forest has not yet been taken over by the state." (The Clarion Democrat)
National Geodetic Survey
DESIGNATION - STRATTANVILLE LOOKOUT TOWER PID - MA1941 STATE/COUNTY- PA/CLARION COUNTRY - US USGS QUAD - STRATTANVILLE (1981)
DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1958 (JEG) THE STATION IS LOCATED ABOUT 1 MILE WEST OF STRATTANVILLE AND ABOUT 0.5 MILE SOUTH OF U.S. HIGHWAY 322. IT IS A 4-LEGGED STEEL STRUCTURE WITH A GLASS ENCLOSED CAB ON TOP. ON THE TOP AND CENTER OF THE CAB IS A BALL SHAPED VENT. THE STRUCTURE IS PAINTED ORANGE AND THE OVERALL HEIGHT OF THE STRUCTURE IS APPROXIMATELY 90 FEET.
THE POINT INTERSECTED WAS THE BALL ON TOP.
STATION RECOVERY (2012)
RECOVERY NOTE BY GEOCACHING 2012 (RLM) THE LOOKOUT TOWER HAS BEEN REMOVED.