May 12, 1939: "The Highland structure will be named the Louis Hill Tower and will be dedicated to the memory of a Bradford County young man, now deceased, who was outstanding in the forestry service. It is now complete, with caretaker's home already constructed, but has not yet been manned." (Bradford County Telegraph)
1939: A 100-foot steel tower was erected by the Florida Forest Service on land donated for the purpose by W.H. Edwards, Jr.
July 24, 1942: "The State Forestry Department has just finished repairing and painting the fire tower and house here. Towerman Prescott is proud of the appearance of his grounds and new paint job." (Bradford County Telegraph)