1940: The tower was moved from a site in the Allegheny National Forest of Pennsylvania.
1944: "A new 41' wooden-modern steel ring connector tower was started in 1944 on Mt. Harris, Dixmont, Penobscot County, but will not be completed until 1945." (Twenty-Fifth Biennial Report of the Forest Commissioner - 1943-44)
July 26, 2006: The Maine Forest Service removed the tower after years of repeated vandalism and deterioration.