August 9, 1924: "The fifty foot fire tower to be erected on Foy's Hill, Cecil county, has been shipped and will soon be erected by the Whitaker Iron Company, of Principle Furnace. The tower will be fitted with telephone cables, binoculars and living quarters for the outlook man. The Department of Forestry will have supervision of the fire station, and bear the cost of maintenance, though the Whitaker Iron Company presented the tower." (The Evening Journal)
1924: The report of the State Department of Forestry for the fiscal year of 1930 indicates that a 60-foot steel tower was erected and ready for service in 1924.
December 11, 1925: "Foy's Hill fire observation tower near Principio Furnace, has been closed for the season. The loss from forest fires this fall has been small." (The Midland Journal)
November 12, 1932: "Harry M. Hartenstine, of Principio, has entered on his ninth year as towerman at Foy's Hill forest fire tower to be in readiness to report the Fall forest fires in Cecil county. Heavy rains curing October have postponed the fire season this year. Records show October to be a normally hazardous month. No fires were reported this season." (The Evening Journal)
February 22, 1935: "The moving of the Foy's Hill tower to the Elks Neck district, which tower when moved will be raised an additional 40 feet, making it a 100 foot tower." (The Midland Journal)