July 16, 1931: A 100-foot high tower was recently erected at Quantico in Wicomico County. (The Evening Journal)
September 1931: "The second 100-foot steel lookout tower completed this year by the Maryland Department of Forestry was ready for service in July, near Quantico, Wicomico County. Woodland owners in the vicinity contributed $375 toward the cost of the tower. The Wicomico County commissioners contributed $300 and the use of tools and machinery." (The Forest Worker)
April 23, 1942: "Fire at Hall's Swamp near Allen controlled last night after four hours, broke out anew at noon today, according to towerman Marion Bailey of Quantico Forestry Lookout." (The Daily Times)
1999: The tower was moved to the Chesapeake Fire Museum and the top 60 feet plus cab was restored.