Bertie County North Carolina Division of Forest Resources
August 1934: The Civilian Conservation Corps constructed a 99-foot 9-inch steel tower and a 2-room cabin for a cost of $1,255,54. The funding was carried by the Emergency Conservation Work program (ECW). (Department of Conservation and Development - 6th Biennial Report 1934-36)
1962-64: Due to the expiration of the lease, a new site was acquired and the 100-foot tower moved. (Department of Conservation and Development - 20th Biennial Report - 1964)
2010: The 100-foot Aermotor MC-39 tower was dismantled and moved for restoration and resale.