July 1910: A lookout was established on this point at a cost of $308.39. (Sixteenth Annual Report of the Forest, Fish and Game Commission)
1919: A steel tower was erected. (9th Annual Report of the Conservation Commission)
National Geodetic Survey
DESIGNATION - BEAVER LAKE MOUNTAIN LOT PID - OE1847 STATE/COUNTY- NY/HERKIMER COUNTRY - US USGS QUAD -
DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1942 (FBQ) THIS INTERSECTION STATION IS LOCATED ABOUT 4 MILES N OF THE VILLAGE OF NUMBER FOUR, ON THE SUMMIT OF BEAVER LAKE MOUNTAIN, AND IS THE PROPERTY OF THE NEW YORK CONSERVATION DEPARTMENT.
IT IS A STANDARD LOOKOUT OBSERVATORY OF ALL STEEL CONSTRUCTION WITH AN ENCLOSED CROWS NEST. IT IS ABOUT 30 FEET HIGH.
THE POINT LOCATED WAS THE APEX OF THE PYRAMIDAL ROOF.