Watauga County North Carolina Division of Forest Resources
1929: A 35-foot steel tower was erected on Duggar Mountain near Penley. (Department of Conservation and Development - 3rd Biennial Report 1928-30)
1941: A 60-foot tower was erected in a cooperative effort between the Civilian Conservation Corps and the North Carolina Forest Service. (Department of Conservation Development - 9th Biennial Report - 1942)
National Geodetic Survey
DESIGNATION - DUGGER MTN LOOKOUT TOWER PID - FZ2682 STATE/COUNTY- NC/WATAUGA COUNTRY - US USGS QUAD - DEEP GAP (1998)
DESCRIBED BY NORTH CAROLINA GEODETIC SURVEY 1983 (ESL) LOCATED ON DUGGER MOUNTAIN, 3.7 MILES EAST OF AHO AND 3.7 MILES NORTHWEST OF DARBY.
THE STATION IS CENTER OF DUGGER MOUNTAIN N.C. FOREST SERVICE 'LOOKOUT TOWER. TOWER HAS 4 LEGS, IS SILVER IN COLOR AND APPROXIMATELY 75 FEET TALL.