1906: Established with a wood tower. (From the photo inventory of the Maine Historical Society.)
1914: A 48-foot steel tower was erected. (From the photo inventory of the Maine Historical Society.)
November 15, 1916: "L.P. Barney of Tarrantine chief fire warden for the Moose River territoryy writes Forest Commissioner Frank L. Mac___s follows: During the past season we built a house on the top of Mount Kibbie, 14 x 14 a board building making fine quarters for the watchman. We also repaired the telephone lines and trails on to both Kibbie and Williams mountains. The building and towers should be painted during the spring of 1917." (Daily Kennebec Journal)
1916: "L.P. Barney, Moose River territory--During past season we built a watchman's camp, 14 x 14 on the top of Kibbie Mountain Making very fine quarters." (1916 Forest Commissioner's Report)
1920: Inventory shows a 48-foot steel tower.
September 9, 1926: ".., and earlier in the summer built new towers on Kibbie Mountain and Mount Abraham to replace others blown down during the winter. The Kibbie tower is of steel, 48 feet in height." (Daily Kennebec Journal)