Florence County South Carolina Forestry Commission
September 18, 1935: "Florence county is to get an additional steel forest fire tower with a ten acre plot surrounding it, it was announced last night by D.S. McCarthy, chairman of the Fish and Game and Forest Conservation committee of the Fred H. Sexton Post of the American Legion. The site of the new tower will be near Timmonsville. With the three towers already erected the fourth will give protection for all parts of the county. The fact that the Florence county delegation has voted to place Florence in the all-time forest protection zone had a great deal to do with the granting by the federal government of the additional tower, Mr. McCarthy said." (Florence Morning News)
March 10, 1936: "Mrs. D.L. Anderson, of Timmonsville, has donated ten acres of land about two miles from Timmonsville, to the South Carolina State Commission of Forestry as a fire tower site in connection with the Florence County Forestry Protective association. The deed has been signed by Mrs. Anderson and construction of a steel tower and necessary buildings in connection therewith will start in the near future." (Florence Morning News)
March 21, 1936: "Equipment for the 100 foot steel fire tower has been moved on the site near Timmonsville, recently donated by Mrs. D.L. Anderson to the South Carolina State Commission of Forestry, and construction of the tower has started. Many applicants for the position of Towerman in connection with this tower have already been received." (Florence Morning News)
April 11, 1936: "Due to the fact that the present forest fire season is nearly ended, no towerman for the new Timmonsville tower now in process of construction, will be appointed until all work has been completed on the tower site by the CCC camp. It is expected that these improvements will not be completed until sometime in July. According to District Forester R.F. Newcomb, it may be found advisable to delay appointment of the towerman until the late summer or early fall." (Florence Morning News)
199??: The tower was sold and moved to a private civilians location.