March 21, 1915: "It is planned to erect a large steel tower on Barden Hill, the highest point of land in this section and one of the highest in the county. The State will pay part of the expense and the Pierce trustees of this town have volunteered to stand a portion of the cost. This will afford a wide range all through this part of the county, and quick service can be had, in the way of notifications to forest wardens, of distant fires." (The Boston Daily Globe)
January 1918: "At Middleborough stairs have been installed in the tower in place of the ladder that has been in use there for some two or three years. The town of Middleborough appropriated $150 towards the purchase price of the stairs, and the work of construction was assumed by this department." (Public Document - No. 73, The State Forester Report of 1917)
1966: A replacement tower, 75-foot steel tower with a 10x10 cab, was constructed.