1914: "A station built upon Boarstone Mt., Elliottsville; about two miles of wire was used upon this line constructing a metallic circuit or using a two-wire line. We built a small camp on top of mountain." "On Boarstone Mountain a new portable house was built. As this mountain peak stands out abruptly it was not necessary to have a tower." (1914 Forest Commissioner's Report)
1915: "Two miles of new wire installed at the Boarstone mountain station also a new telephone instrument and a camp for the watchman." (1916 Forest Commissioner's Report)
November 1, 1916: D.H. Buswell, chief fire warden for the southern part of the Maine Forestry District, in a report to the State Forestry Commissioner: "A new telephone line has been built during the past season in the White Cap region from R Pond to Charles Bemis' camp at Yoke Pond. A new cabin at Boarstone Mountain for the lookout man to live in has also been built." (Daily Kennebec Journal)
1917: "J.L. Chapman, Milo, Chief Warden for the district including East and West Bowdoin College Grants; ....: The tower house upon Boarstone Mountain is fastened to the top of the mountain by rods drilled in and cemented to the ledge. The lookout at Boarstone Mountain did not require any lookout tower on account of its standing out on a prominent peak without any forest growth. We have during past years had very poor telephone service upon Boarstone Mountain. The cause for this was trying to connect a single ground service with metallic circuit." (Forest Protection and Conservation in Maine)
1920: Inventory indicates the station was a wood ground cabin.