1924: "The construction of a road one mile long was done by the Underhill Company. A combination stone caretaker's dwelling and public loggia was nearly completed. The development of a picnic area is in progress. A steel lookout tower was erected on Bellevue Hill." (3rd Biennial Report of the Commissioner of Forestry)
1943: The steel tower with a 7x7 steel cab was removed to Spruce Mountain.