September 10, 1925: "The Christman forest fire tower, which originally stood on the lands of Lewis Behrens, has been removed to a higher point on Bear Mountain. The new location gives an improved view north over the territory originally covered by Christman's tower, and in addition gives a wonderful view East and West along Blue Mountains from the Port Clinton Gap on the west to Wind Gap on the East. The Blue Mountain is visible throughout the entire area, as well as thousands of acres of farmers woodlots lying within the valley. North visibility includes the Broad Mountain beyond the Hudsondale road, including Nesquehoning and Summit hill. The visibility in regards to Forest Fires is much greater, and it is expected that this tower, in conjunction with the new tower recently erected near Pottsville, will do away with at least three towers which have recently been manned by the Department of Forest and Waters. The view from the new location is well worth the trip. The tower can be reached by following the telephone line from Germanville to the top of the mountain, or by driving in light cars to the home of Lewis Behrens, turning to the right down the Long Run road and then back along the old woods road from the Long Run road to East Mauch Chunk, This road will take automobiles within 500 yards of the tower itself. A telephone line is being constructed from East Mauch Chunk to the tower location, and observers will be on duty at all time during the dangerous seasons." (The Morning Call)
1925: The lookout moved to a more advantageous location.