1914: "A new lookout station established on Almanac Mountain, in Lakeville Plantation, equipped with glasses, maps and other necessary implements. One-half mile of telephone line built to connect with the main Dobsis Lake Telephone line." (1914 Forest Commissioner's Report)
1920: Inventory shows there were no new improvements.
April 28, 1921: "A crew of five men is already at work in Lakeville Plantation. Penobscot county, erecting a 48-feet steel lookout tower on Almanac mountain. The crew is in charge of Sam E, Andrews of Bingham." (Daily Kennebec Journal)
2008: The observer's camp was burned in the fall.
2009: The tower cab was removed leaving only the steel tower on the site.