1911: The site was first established as an observation point.
1915-1916 biennium: A new and improved watch tower constructed.
September 21, 1938: The lookout was damaged in the Great New England Hurricane of 1938.
1939: The lookout was transferred to the U.S. Forest Service.
1941: A 28-foot high CT-2 timber tower with a L-4 type cab, without outriggers, was constructed.
April 17, 1944: "Mrs. Maud Bickford left today to take over her duties as a fire watcher and lookout in the White Mountain national Forest. Mrs. Bickford will resume her work at a station on Black Mountain in Benton, a job she held last year. She took along her dog as company. Mrs. Bickford will attend a three-day instruction school at Bartlett, before going to her station." (The Telegraph)