1915: "Erected the new station on Beetle Mt. with three foot peeled spruce underpinning and wired down the same.." (1916 Forest Commissioner's Report)
1920: Inventory shows the station was a wood ground cabin.
October 22, 1953: "This bear knew how to take care of its water supply in the current dry spell. Robert Blackmore, lookout for the State Forest Fire Warden Service in Beetle Mountain, related that a check of water holes showed one had been dug deeper and wider--the work unmistakably that of a bear." (Biddeford Journal)