1917: A 16-foot steel tower partly erected and to be finished in 1918. (1917 Annual report of the Forest Commissioner)
1918: The construction of the tower not completed.
1919: "On May 25th we started up to build the Center Mountain lookout. This had been hauled up to the foot of the mountain the year before on a hand sled. The steel house and cement was hauled up to the top of the mountain by the Lincoln Pulpwood Company's team and men, and the Forestry Department paid for the same. Owing to the mountain being so steep, it was a hard job to get it up to the top. By June 15th we had the tower up, the telephone installed and everything in running order. A cabin was built last year. The patrol and lookout on Center Mountain built a bedroom, 8 feet x 14 feet, on the cabin. They painted the tower and house, and did a lot of clearing up around the lookout, and there needs to be some more done in the spring." (Forest Protection and Conservation in Maine, 1919)
1919: The 12-foot steel tower completed. (1919 Annual Report of the Forest Commissioner)
August 9, 1919: "Steel towers constructed this season: Center mountain, T4R10, Piscataquis county, 12 feet high." (Daily Kennebec Journal)