December 17, 1936: "The Biloxi Ranger District Lookout Club is the most recent link in the chain of fire prevention for the Biloxi Ranger District which has its headquarters at Gulfport under the direction of Ranger Max T. Brown. The organization meeting for this new group occurred at Airey Tower on Monday evening, under the leadership of District Ranger Brown, Assistant District Ranger Warriner, Fire Dispatcher Varnado and Project Superintendent Trotter of Camp F-16, CCC. Purposes of the club will be efficient fire protection as offered through the district fire control program, dissemination of information dealing with fire control and public and social activities for the towermen and their families." (Biloxi Daily Herald)
National Geodetic Survey
DESIGNATION - AIREY FIRE TOWER 1943 PID - BH2539 STATE/COUNTY- MS/STONE COUNTRY - US USGS QUAD - AIREY (2018)
DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1943 (KBJ) THE AIREY FIRE TOWER IS A FOUR-LEGGED STEEL STRUCTURE THAT IS 110 FEET HIGH WITH A GLASS-ENCLOSED CAB, 26.618 METERS (87.33 FEET) SW OF TRIANGULATION STATION AIREY, 85.6 FEET W OF THE W END OF THE DISPATCH OFFICE BUILDING, 28 FEET NW OF A TELEPHONE POLE. THE POINT OBSERVED WAS THE EXTREME TOP OF THE APEX OF THE ROOF OF GLASS-ENCLOSED CAB.
THIS IS A TRAVERSE STATION.
TO REACH THE FIRE TOWER FROM THE RAILROAD STATION IN WIGGINS, GO S ON U.S. HIGHWAY 49 FOR 10.7 MILES TO THE SOUTHERNMOST CROSSROADS IN THE SMALL VILLAGE OF MCHENRY AND THE REDMOND SERVICE STATION ON THE LEFT, TURN LEFT ON GRAVELED ROAD AND GO 4.2 MILES TO CROSSROADS, TURN RIGHT AND GO 0.9 MILE TO THE AIREY FIRE TOWER ON THE RIGHT.